TERMS & CONDITIONS
DONA EMÍLIA GUEST HOUSE
These Terms & Conditions may change whenever necessary, especially for reasons linked to the COVID-19 pandemic. Be sure to check our T&C online at the time of booking and/or before traveling.
1. Common Areas
2. Rooms and Suites
3. Whole House Reservation Conditions
5. Prices, Rates and Payment Terms
6. Reservation Cancellation Rules
7. Check-In and Check-Out Hours
10. Liability for Damages
11. Admission of Guests and Customers
1. COMMON AREAS:
All our guests have access to the kitchen and lounge. The kitchen is equipped so that our guests can prepare different meals. The lounge is the ideal space to socialize. These areas are cleaned daily between 12:00 and 15:00.
2. ROOMS AND SUITES:
2.1. Description and Capacity
All our rooms and suites are ready to welcome up to two guests and are provided with fresh bed linen, towels and blankets. The bathrooms include toiletries such as liquid soap and shampoo.
We can add extra beds and cots, subject to the capacity of each room or suite.
• Cot/Beds for children up to 4 years: free of charge.
• Extra bed for children between 4 and 12 years: €20 per night.
• Extra bed for children from 12 years: €28 per night.
Breakfast is included with your booking of a room or suite. Breakfast is not served; however, we provide the necessary ingredients for our guests to prepare their meal at any time and enjoy it in our well-equipped kitchen.
Towels and sheets, as well as cleaning, is done every 5 nights. Towels can be changed earlier at guests’ request. Daily cleaning incurs an additional cleaning fee. Please check the Extra Fees section for more details.
We provide high speed WiFi throughout the house. The access password is posted in various locations, including rooms & suites. All rooms are also equipped with cable TV that includes international channels.
3. WHOLE-HOUSE RESERVATION CONDITIONS
– Please note that if you are booking the whole house, the minimum stay is two nights.
– Breakfast is not included but you can use the kitchen to prepare your meals.
– Cleaning of common spaces is carried out every three nights. Change of towels and bed linen, as well as cleaning suites and rooms is carried out every 5 nights. Daily cleaning has a cleaning fee. Please refer to the Extra Fees section.
The reservation and cancellation policy of rooms, suites or Whole House as well as the pricing vary according to the season and specific dates.
from the 3rd January to the 25th March | from the 5th to the 29th April | 31st October to the 23rd December | from the 26th to the 30th December
from the 26th to the 31st March | from the 30th April to the 2nd June | from the 6th to the 9th June | from the 13th to the 17th June | from the 3rd to the 30th October | from the 24th to the 25th December
from 1st to the 4th April | from the 3rd to the 5th June | from the 10th to the 12th June | from the 18th June to the 2nd October
NEO POP – International Festival of Electronic Music (from the 11th to the 14th August) *.
TOWN FESTIVITIES Romaria da Nossa Senhora d’Agonia (from the 18th to the 23rd August 2021) *.
2021 NEW YEAR’S EVE (from the 31st December 2021 to the 1st January 2021)
*dates are subject to changes
5. PRICES, RATES AND PAYMENT TERMS
The total amount of your reservation will be charged by bank transfer or to your credit card. Please read our cancellation policy rules carefully as it changes according to season.
SUITES / daily rate
Prices shown are for per night and include VAT at the rate of 6%.
ROOMS / daily rate
Prices shown are for the night and include VAT at the rate of 6%.
WHOLE HOUSE / daily rate – Min 2 nights.
(breakfast is not included)
Prices shown are for the night and include VAT at the rate of 6%.
Please refer to the special booking conditions (point 3).
Extra towel set
3€ / set
Extra bed linen per day
Extra room cleaning per day
Cleaning the whole house (only on The Whole House Reservations Mode)
6. BOOKING CANCELLATION RULES
If you wish to cancel your reservation, you must request by email and consider the following cancellation conditions:
– During the Low Season, you can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 5 days before the day of your check-in. Within 5 days of your check-in, we will charge your credit card the full amount of your booking.
– During the Mid Season, you can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 7 days before the day of check-in. In the 7 days prior to your check-in, we will charge your credit card the full amount of your reservation.
– During the High and Festivity Seasons, reservations are non-refundable. We will charge your credit card for the total amount of your reservation.
7. CHECK-IN | CHECK OUT.
Check-in: 15:00 to 21:00 | Check out until 12pm.
Check-in takes place in person. If you arrive early, you can leave your luggage at the house. Any change to check-in or check-out hours must be communicated and requested in advance and will be accepted according to our availability. There may be an additional charge of €15 for a late check-in after 21:00 or for a late check-out until 14:00. We cannot accept check-in after midnight.
These hours may change because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have some bicycles to lend to our guests. Borrowed bicycles are your sole responsibility, for example, when parking you should always put the padlock that will be provided by us. In the event of theft or damage to the bicycles the cost shall be borne by the person responsible for using the bicycle. We are not responsible for physical damage to users or their properties while using our bicycles. Use of bicycles must be requested in advance and subject to availability.
Dona Emilia is a Guesthouse that accepts pets. Pet reservations are only on request. We try to accept only one pet per night in the house. The pets that come to our house need to be educated and always be accompanied. If the animal damages any material from the Guesthouse, the person responsible for the animal will be charged for the damage caused. If we are alerted by other guests about the noise of your pet, we may have to request departure without refund of your reservation. Pets cannot be kept in the rooms or in the house without the supervision of their owners and cannot sleep on the bed or on the sofa.
All animals are entitled to a welcome gift, bowls for food, water and a bed at no additional cost.
10. LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES
Each guest is liable for any damage caused.
A security deposit will not be requested, however, in case of damage, we may charge a damage fee to the payment method provided by the guest upon check-in.
11. ADMISSION OF GUESTS AND CUSTOMERS
The Guest House Dona Emilia reserves the right of admission of guests and customers.
We wish you all an excellent stay at Dona Emilia Guest House!
Joana, Sofia and Rami